- Woo, that was some pushback. But why do the Oilers insist on sleeping through one period every game?
- Referees, you can just go fornicate yourselves. You too, SportsNet panel.
- Helloooooooo Talbot!
- Glad for the win, but GO TO THE FRONT OF THE NET OILERS. YOU CAN’T SCORE FROM THREE FEET BEHIND THE NET. Unless you’re the Flames. Then you can. The Oilers are starting to look a bit like Eakins’ cowardly lions of last year, when they trailed the league in tip/deflect goals.
- The pretty plays at the blueline (either one) are just a killer. So many entry/exits wasted.
- Check out the tables for the defensive pairings. Nurse/Schultz was the tire fire to end all tire fires. Nurse/Gryba rocked. Weird.
- Hall looks tired, or maybe beat up a bit. Looks like the Nuge is back … not like anyone I know thought that might happen! 🙂
Game at a Glance
Well deserved win. Closer than it should have been. [click to embiggen any charts]
|CF%||SACF%||FF%||DFF%||SF%||Avg Dist F||Avg Dist A||RelDist%||GF%|
Fayne’s goal was closer than 53 ft I’d hazard.
EDM SO: Eberle (X), Nuge (X), Teddy P (GOAL)
CGY SO: Don’t care (X), Doesn’t Matter (X), Whatever (X)
Even / All
|For||18 / 36.1||3 / 59.7||8 / 35.1||3 / 23.7||1 / 18.0||–||–|
|Against||14 / 37.9||1 / 39.0||6 / 27.7||2 / 18.0||–||–||–|
|For||21 / 38.7||4 / 59.0||8 / 35.1||3 / 23.7||1 / 18.0||–||–|
|Against||18 / 35.6||2 / 35.0||6 / 27.7||3 / 15.7||–||–||1 / 16.0|
Wow, the numbers absolutely LOVED Gryba and Davidson. Eyes not so much.
McBlender was going, which is annoying my scripts!
Justin Schultz. Ermagerd, he was horrible. He doesn’t show up on the top 3 pairings by ice time according to my scripts, which suggests that TMc was moving him around, but hopefully also getting tired of the chaos too.
Nurse and he were a disaster (123 DFA/60!!). Once Nurse was separated from Schultz, he did just fine. In fact, Nurse’s partnership with Gryba was ridiculously good by the numbers.
|D. Nurse E. Gryba||07:23||06:59||1||0.2||1.7||54.0||0.21|
|E. Gryba B. Davidson||11:43||08:20||1||1.6||11.5||13.0||1.63|
|J. Schultz B. Davidson||06:09||06:09||3||1.2||11.7||46.3||0.39|
|A. Sekera M. Fayne||16:59||14:59||7||6.0||24.0||32.3||0.86|
|A. Sekera E. Gryba||02:59||01:51||2||1.3||42.2||37.5||0.67|
|J. Schultz D. Nurse||04:58||04:58||7||10.2||123.2||24.9||1.45|