- Turns out that having two scoring lines helps. Go figure.
- Hall was in Force of Nature mode, especially in the first period.
- Goaltending? This is how the New York Rangers feel pretty much every game!
- Check out the distance stats and charts below. Basically, they say one thing: the Oilers were f’ing awesome, except for the Korpikoski line, which was horrendous beyond belief.
- And Gryba/Davidson. ?? When did they get this good ??
- Refs? Nope, no point in saying anything. We know what we’re getting every night. Having to overcome being 5 on 7 most of the time most of the games is just our thing, might as well get used to it.
Game at a Glance
New chart! Game flow chart showing the Fenwicks and Dangerous Fenwicks over the course of the game.
The Fenwicks (unblocked shots) and Corsi’s call this a close one, but the Dangerous Fenwicks? The Oilers kicked ass. Dangerous Fenwick FTW!
|CF%||SACF%||FF%||DFF%||SF%||Avg Dist F||Avg Dist A||RelDist%||GF%|
|For||14 / 24.6||2 / 58.0||5 / 34.8||1 / 15.0||–||–||1 / 16.0|
|Against||6 / 28.2||6 / 58.8||6 / 42.3||2 / 25.5||–||–||4 / 10.8|
|For||15 / 23.5||3 / 54.3||7 / 34.7||2 / 14.5||–||–||1 / 16.0|
|Against||6 / 28.2||11 / 54.8||10 / 42.7||3 / 19.7||–||–||4 / 10.8|
New charts! See here for background information on what they mean and how to read them.
Klefbom had a rough night, though I didn’t notice him that much tbh. Gryba and Davidson off the charts as far as the Dangerous Fenwicks go. You can also see that on the rink maps, where every shot they gave up was mailed from a different county.
You can see how horrible the Korpikoski line was. Without them, this would have been a 60% Corsi night is my guess.
Otherwise, that was a solid defensive performance, with every pair at or below the Mendoza line (~39) for DFA/60.
Defensemen Dangerous Fenwicks and Rink Maps
That’s two straight outstanding games from Eric Gryba. I noticed him a few times with good coverage, though he did have a brain fart moment. But still!
|E. Gryba B. Davidson||15:08||9.5||52.1||0.34|
|D. Nurse E. Gryba||02:00||15||23||0.5|
|A. Sekera D. Nurse||15:43||21.4||42.9||0.71|
|J. Schultz Klef||16:00||38.2||27.1||1.28|
Head to Head
Data for Download
Note: please check earlier pages for the glossary if you need it.