Game Notes ARI vs EDM
Edmonton Oilers (Head Coach: Todd McLellan) at Arizona Coyotes (Head Coach: Dave Tippett)
NHL Game #312, Gila River Arena, 2016-11-25 07:00:00PM (GMT -0700)
Coyotes 3-2 (SO)
Referees: Kyle Rehman, Dean Morton
Linesmen: Matt MacPherson, Mark Shewchyk
Three Stars: Max Domi; Mike Smith; Shane Doan
- Not many game notes today. The Oilers did not play that well, and they never seem to play well against a terrible Coyotes team. They had their moments as you can see from the gameflow, and got stronger as the game went on, but it was just not enough (or at least often enough).
- The irony of course is that they were up 2 goals after their worst period, and as the game wore on and they got stronger, they just couldn’t get it past Smith.
- Those bees that have been stinging Ebs’ hands left last game, but they’re obviously back this game.
The only thing that can stop McDavid is time itself.
— Sean Tierney (@ChartingHockey) 26 November 2016
- The Oilers had a slight edge on the 5v5 fancies, but realistically didn’t really deserve two points tonight … though to be fair, neither did the Coyotes.
- Really, a 3-2 SO game and not one Oiler is one of the three stars? Who picked the three stars, the refs?
- Reminder: the stats below are for 5v5 regulation time only, not for the overtime (which the Oil did in fairness dominate).
Game at a Glance
- Adam Larsson, Connor McDavid each had 1 goal
- Oscar Klefbom blasted 6 shots on goal
- Oscar Klefbom was most active on the team with 10 shot attempts
- Jordan Eberle, Patrick Maroon, Milan Lucic were faceoff leaders with 100.0%
- Adam Larsson, Oscar Klefbom drove shot attempts most with on-ice 5v5 CF% of 62.2 – interesting…
- Benoit Pouliot trailed the team in 5v5 on-ice shot attempts at 40.7% (11-16)
- Matthew Benning was the big hitter with 6
Shootout: Duclair Backhand X // Letestube Post and in GOAL // Vrbata Backhand GOAL // McDavid Lost the handle X // OEL Snap bomb GOAL // Ebs Missed wrister X // Oilers lose again…
Who Won the 5v5 Shot Battle?
|Which Battle||Who Won||By How Much|
|Shots||ARI||34 to 29 (54.0%)|
|Average Shot Distance Against (ft)||ARI||35 to 39|
|Corsi||EDM||50 to 47 (51.5%)|
|Score & Venue Adjusted Corsi||EDM||55 to 43 (55.8%)|
|Fenwick||EDM||43 to 39 (52.4%)|
|Dangerous Fenwick||EDM||38 to 36 (51.0%)|
How the Players Did (On Ice Shot Attempts)
Forwards are sorted by decreasing CF%. Defensemen and pairs sorted by increasing DFA60. Forward lines by decreasing DFF%. Positions are as listed by the NHL roster page, not necessarily where they played.
|Nurse M. Benning||15:06||52.45||30.8||12||15||44.4||49.2||44||43.9|
|Looch McDavid Pulju||11:37||13||11||54.2||58.6||57.1||71.7|
|Eberle Maroon Nuge||11:01||15||10||60||64.2||57.9||56.1|
|Drai D. Caggiula Poo||10:08||11||12||47.8||52.1||52.4||39.6|
|Pitlick Kassian Letestube||09:17||8||7||53.3||57.5||54.5||36.8|
Defense Pairings – Shots Given Up
Forward Lines – Shots Taken
Head to Head
NHL Media Highlights
Click the link to play the associated highlight video