I’m going to keep the recap short, because I had a dinner party tonight and had to watch most of the first two periods in fast forward to catch up (slowing down for big plays and goals).
- Again, not going to dump on these guys – that was a mostly hard fought game by a team down two Top 6 centres, and two Top 4 D. They only win games if the goalie stands on his head. That’s the truth.
- But some guys were passengers, and that is … upsetting. [FUNNY: I just heard TMc’s post-game and that was his exact comment. I wrote mine before I heard it, honest!]
- The Oil probably deserved better this game. The Dangerous Fenwick does suggest that the Predators defense mostly kept the Oilers to the outside. But still not bad by any means.
- Kassian CANNOT push the linesman like that – but frankly, a beatdown of the officials wouldn’t be undeserved. Another absolute sh*t game from the refs. Even that offside call on Schultz with 2:00 left was clearly in on the replay. Garbage.
- Griffin Reinhart looked fantastic. The numbers for Reinhart/Gryba are unbelievably good. Like, unbelievably good. A new record low for 15+ mins of ice time. Check out the game flow and the rink map. Wow.
- Perhaps a reminder that development time in the AHL is rarely wasted for defensemen. HINT Re: Nurse.
- Once again: I know the Oilers defense is being held together with bubble gum and baling wire, but you CANNOT play Nurse and Schultz together!
- NEXT GAME: THE PRECIOUS RETURNS!
|CF%||SACF%||FF%||DFF%||SF%||Avg Dist F||Avg Dist A||RelDist%||GF%|
|For||8 / 37.2||2 / 59.5||8 / 48.9||2 / 11.0||–||–||2 / 15.5|
|Against||9 / 34.4||2 / 51.5||7 / 39.7||1 / 4.0||–||–||1 / 5.0|
|For||8 / 37.2||3 / 56.3||9 / 49.4||2 / 11.0||–||–||2 / 15.5|
|Against||10 / 31.5||3 / 54.0||10 / 36.8||1 / 4.0||–||–||1 / 5.0|
This result from Reinhart/Gryba is just ridiculously good. Sekera Fayne also excellent. Nurse Schultz are stil drowning.
Again – what an incredible game by this pairing.
A better game than last time for Nurse Schultz, but still the worst of the three pairings, by far.
|G. Reinhart E. Gryba||15:28||14:19||1||0.2||0.8||56||0.18|
|A. Sekera M. Fayne||13:02||12:30||6||5.8||27.8||36.8||0.97|
|D. Nurse E. Gryba||02:28||01:13||1||0.8||39.5||35||0.83|
|J. Schultz D. Nurse||15:54||14:48||11||12.8||51.9||31.2||1.16|