- Nope, not going to dump on this team. Down two Top 6 centres, one top (Oiler) pairing D, and then lose ANOTHER (Oiler) Top 4 D early in the game? Ridiculous. Not getting blown out was a major achievement.
- IMO, that third period pushback was actually a sign of some real resilience, and it was a decent game by a hurting team against a very good opponent.
- Speaking of which, is there such a thing as ‘injury assisted Corsi’? Because at this rate, we will need to invent one just for the Oilers. Oilers continue to be #1 in the league in ‘important man games lost’, it’s not close, and it’s getting worse, not better.
- Can we bring back Derek Roy?
- TODD! You CANNOT play Nurse and Schultz together!
- Powerplay looked better. #OilerPositives
- How did Hendricks return to the game? I thought ‘balls of steel’ was just an expression.
- Talbot didn’t have as strong a game as we’ve seen of late, though he certainly wasn’t the problem. But what was up with the crossbars and posts this game?
Game at a Glance
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Dangerous Fenwick, especially the game flow chart, really does paint a very accurate picture of what happened most games.
|CF%||SACF%||FF%||DFF%||SF%||Avg Dist F||Avg Dist A||RelDist%||GF%|
Huge bias to wrist shots today. Actual data, or rink bias?
|For||18 / 36.4||2 / 56.0||–||–||–||–||1 / 9.0|
|Against||15 / 35.8||3 / 49.7||4 / 43.0||3 / 18.0||2 / 14.0||–||1 / 18.0|
|For||21 / 34.7||2 / 56.0||–||–||1 / 29.0||–||1 / 9.0|
|Against||19 / 34.3||5 / 43.0||5 / 38.8||3 / 18.0||2 / 14.0||–||1 / 18.0|
The Iiro/Kassian/Letestu line was really quite impressive.
Not sure what happened to my rink format!
Man, Nurse continues to get killed out there.
You CANNOT play Nurse and Schultz together!
|A. Sekera E. Gryba||02:05||02:05||0.4||11.5||55||0.39|
|A. Sekera J. Schultz||03:24||03:00||0.7||14||33||0.71|
|J. Schultz B. Davidson||07:48||07:48||2.9||22.3||40.2||0.58|
|A. Sekera M. Fayne||14:46||13:51||13||56.3||31.8||1|
|D. Nurse E. Gryba||14:44||13:30||13.2||58.7||31.1||1.01|
|J. Schultz D. Nurse||04:55||03:28||4.4||76.2||28.8||0.88|